Reporter's Notebook

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

No Suit For Me

Beware if you ever see a reporter come up to you with a mic and he's wearing a suit. He might not be the real thing.

Well, that's probably a little too much. But I got to thinking that I couldn't wear a suit to work everyday if I wanted to. I guess I could, but I'm fairly certain that within a week or two, I'd be out of suits.

I never know when I'm going to have to walk across a field, through the woods or mud to get to a story. I've had to climb through barbed wire fences, walk through chicken "stuff", and jump across creeks. How could anyone wear a suit and do this job?

Just Saturday covering the 200th Birthday event in downtown Huntsville, I came back to the station with mud all over my shoes and pants. So if you see me out, I'll probably just be in some khaki pants and some regular shoes. Please don't expect a suit, I'm a real reporter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home