Reporter's Notebook

Monday, February 13, 2006

It's the Most Depressing Time of the Year

January, February and March are just depressing months. I know that any month you're a live is a good time, but I think you know what I mean. These three months are so cold, barren and empty. Nothing happens in these months. The sun goes down early. You'd rather eat, than exercise. All the bills seem to come due this time of the year. It's just so much easier to get up and move during the other nine months of the year.

February is the shortest month, but for some reason it always seems the longest. It's just one of those months that drags and drags.

March is in some ways the worst month of the three. You are so close to warmer temperatures, but so far away. You'll get a nice warm day and then boom, that cold North wind comes roaring back to cut you down. I envy people who live near the equator during these times of the year.

April will be here soon though. I'll be glad to see her.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger OUWxGirl said…

    I personally love this time of year. It's so invigorating. Summer is when I am all blah. I don't like the heat and I like the humidity even less. I just want to stay inside and not go out into the sauna that is the south. Late June through early September are my icky months.

    And I too like April. Only I wasn't named for it like april0381. And like I said back on your birthday (same birthday as mine), I wasn't born in April either. My Mom just liked the name.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home