Reporter's Notebook

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter

I've been sitting here for the past half hour, I guess, waiting to see what happens with the weather. I went to my aunt's house this afternoon for lunch. While I was there, I noticed that we(channel 19) ran a weather crawl at the bottom of the screen in Spanish. If we've ever done that before, I'm not aware of it. It was a nice touch though. I'm sure there are a good number of people out there, who really have no idea what's headed their way. Sand Mountain especially has a large Spanish Speaking population.

I've also been sending instant messages back and forth with Chris Davis. He's in the weather office back at the station. He and Dan have been using this weather situation, while no storms are severe, to kind of put the new radar through its paces.

Tomorrow is a sports day. I'll be doing sports at 6 and 10. Maybe I'll use that opportunity to tell you a sports story. Maybe one that involves George "Goober" Lindsey and how I think I ended up in his book, "Goober in a Nutshell." I bet you can't wait.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home