Reporter's Notebook

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Tough Story to Cover

Anytime you deal with death, it's always a very tough job. Of course no where near as tough as the family and friends of the person who has lost their life. Last night watching our 10pm news and the coverage of the two firemen in Lawrence County I also felt for Greg, Jerry and Amy. Also, Photographer Dion Hose, Sat Truck Operator Doug Southerland and producer Patrick Ary were behind the camera doing things that were also important.

I thought they did as good a job as you can do covering something so tragic. They were respectful by not showing anything morbid, but at the same time kept people informed. There were a lot of people watching our news last night, who weren't watching just to be watching. They became a part of it and I'm sure there were broken hearts in Fort Payne and Muscle Shoals, just like there were in Moulton.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger OUWxGirl said…

    I was just so upset about it last night. I was on the phone for the first few minutes of the 10 o'clock news and missed it, but quickly caught up. And when they started to take off their hard hats, my heart just sunk.

    Amy and Jerry and Greg did amazing jobs last night. I was impressed with how respectful they were of the whole ordeal and even more impressed when they started to talk about how their prayers were with them all.

    I've been praying for everyone over there. So sad.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger KK Edgil-Mills said…

    Carson, Tom Woodard did a good job on Matthew Conley as well.... ALthough it is a different subject from this posting I wanted to mention that. I was at Matt's service and it was amazing... Matt was a great guy, I have known him for 19 years.. You could not meet a nicer guy. The tribute that 19 did to all three men was outstanding..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home