Reporter's Notebook

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Friday Night in the Rain

Friday everyone was set to cover the severe weather expected to move in to North Alabama. Brad and I ended up in Huntsville. We had sent three crews toward the Shoals, because that's where Dan expected the worst weather to be, which turned out to be the case. So Brad and I were brought in to protect the rear flank I guess you could say.

It turned out to be an interesting night. We did live shots from all over, from Limestone County, to Northern Madison County to Huntsville. At one time we were very close to a storm that was trying its hardest to put down a tornado. I know Dan expressed some concern about our safety. I appreciate that concern. I know that several people were also praying for me and that means a great deal. Thank you.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger OUWxGirl said…

    I agree, all y'all did a good job. There was a time I had my scanner, my radars (NWS and Armor) going, and WHNT. Once the storm that was around 565 got closer to me (around where y'all were on Greenbriar) I went to my closet. Turned off everything but the tv.

    Once it passed, I came out and saw you describing how you were seeing power flashes and hearing a roar. I got *really* scared for you then. Said a prayer.

    Since the day before when I saw on the models that everything was going to come together for a very eventful day, I had a feeling at the pit of my stomach about it all. NSSTC was a buzz about it. If I hadn't had things to do on Friday, I would have probably went chasing with some of my fellow classmates.

    If only the system had been oriented just a little bit more differently, it would have been even worse. We were very lucky and blessed.

    Glad to see that you and Brad are safe. I was really concerned.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger OUWxGirl said…

    Yeah Angel, I'm always excited about severe weather. That's why I'm working towards my second degree in it! Haha! But at times I feel so guilty. If only these storms could happen and no one get hurt.

    Dan is a really funny guy. Knows his stuff too. We do have going to the same school for the same degree in common. I think Brad from WAAY is an OU Grad too. And Wayne over there is one of my classmates and has an office right next door to me.

    Ok, sorry for the digression there. I'm just glad that everyone from the tv is safe and sound.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home