Reporter's Notebook

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I'm Not Garrett, Cross My Heart

On July 4th, I got a call on my answering machine that went like this: "Garrett, hey man. Call me. I need you to really call me. OK? Call me Garrett."

It would be easy to say, well that was just a wrong number. But a couple of months ago, I got this call: "Garrett, this is so and so. I really need to get in touch with your mother. I hope that you will call me back, because I really need to talk to her."

Then back in October or November, I received the first "Garrett" call: Garrett!!! Where are you? You ran off with my stove, my dryer, my refrigerator and you owe me a months rent! You'd better call me, or I'm going to let the police take care of this!!!"

I'm not sure who this Garrett person might be. But what's sad is that he seems to get more calls to my house than I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home