Reporter's Notebook

Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Sound of Tragedy

Today with the blasts in London, I worked much like I did on September 11th. At the time, our bureau was in Guntersville. The building didn't have cable. We didn't have a TV in the office anyway. I guess it's strange that a television station's bureau wouldn't have a TV.

On that day, everything we learned about what was going on, came from the radio. So I don't have the same visual memories of September 11th, like most people do. I just remember hearing it.

Today, much the same. We were out most of the day working on a connected story. So there was very little information about what was going on. A subject for another day might be how reporters really are sometimes in a news vacuum. People at home often know more than we do.

But now I'm off to the store to stock up on rain gear. Are you wondering why? Find out tomorrow. Am I good tease writer or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home