Reporter's Notebook

Monday, August 01, 2005

One Year Ago


Tomorrow will mark one year since my grandmother, Ruth Garrett, passed away. I lost both my grandmothers last year. The first in March (the moon rock grandmother) and then my Mom's Mom August 2nd.

In the picture, which isn't of very good quality, is my grandmother's family; My grandpaw, my uncles, aunts, cousins everyone one of us. She's on the right side in the denim jacket and red shirt. That picture was taken in August of 2001, right before my grandmother became very sick. She had been diagnosed with cancer right before Christmas. She seemed to bounce back, but all the chemo seemed to hurt her even more. She slowly slipped away. She fought a tough battle for four years. I miss her and my other grandmother a lot. I plan on seeing them again someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home