Reporter's Notebook

Monday, February 27, 2006

The Best of Barney



Today Brad and I were brought into Huntsville to do two stories on the death of Don Knotts. Saturday from 7pm to 10pm the station will air a Best of Barney Marathon. People can go to whnt.com and pick their favorite from a choice of ten.

I was asked to pick the 10 episodes that people will choose from. It wasn't easy and I'm sure there will be people who aren't happy with my choices. My favorite, although it's not making the cut right now, is "A Black Day for Mayberry." It's the episode where a Gold shipment is coming through town. Barney blabs it to everyone, even though it's supposed to be a big secret. He ends up getting locked in the back of the gold truck. If you don't have a favorite, then go online and choose that one.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger OUWxGirl said…

    I thought your little segment was great. And if I had known they had a reunion up in Nashville every year, I would have been there! I need to check out some of those websites.

    And you know I'll be watching the marathon with me being the Andy Griffith Show freak I am (like I mentioned before). I noticed several of my favorites weren't on there, but then again, Barney wasn't the main focus on those shows. I had a hard time trying to decide between "Citizen's Arrest" and "Convicts at Large". Those were two gooduns.

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger OUWxGirl said…

    Although I loved the choices that the website had, I'm excited to see that they are showing more shows than just the ones that were listed. I love "The Pickle Story"!

    It's also hard to decide which show to watch...the one on WHNT or the one on TV Land. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home