Reporter's Notebook

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Two Deaths

Today is Wednesday and I'm doing sports again tonight. Jay is taking the day off, so I get another day on duty. I will be a reporter again on Thursday and then I'm off on Friday.

Yesterday both Howell Heflin and Johnnie Cochran died. I had the chance to meet both of those men.

I met Johnnie Cochran when he was at Alabama A&M doing a speech I believe. I was reporting on the weekends at that time, so it would have been sometime during 2000. He was very nice and didn't mind being interviewed at all.

I only met Howell Heflin once. It was in November of 1994. I was in Washington on a senior trip. We ran into him on the subway system that runs under the capitol building. We bascially stormed the old man when we saw him. I think he was a little scared of us at first. He also was very nice to us. I have a picture of him with all of us standing around him.

Thanks for stopping by .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home