Reporter's Notebook

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Are People Insane???

I heard this morning that the evacuation of the Superdome had to be stopped, because someone was shooting at the helicopters. Why? Why do you shoot at helicopters evacuating people?
I've never been to New Orleans, so I don't know what the people are like there. But so far, I'm not impressed. I can't begin to imagine the grief and turmoil they're going through, but is that a reason to sink to the depths of using a hurricane as an excuse to steal TV's or shoot at helicopters?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger KK Edgil-Mills said…

    I have decided that even when things are at an all time low or so you think some IDIOT has to prove than it can be worse. We are still waiting on word from our family members there in Louisianna. The last word that we had was that they were going to wait it out.
    What about the guy in Mississippi that shot his sister in the head over a bag of ice? For people like him, I have not compassion, but I wonder what the mentality level is at during a crisis like this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home