Reporter's Notebook

Friday, September 09, 2005

Sorry

It's been awhile since I've updated the blog. It's probably the longest I've gone with no new update. I'm afraid I might be running out of fresh material. Maybe I have writers block.

The stories we've been doing are predictable right now. They are hurricane connected. So there just hasn't been much work related things to tell.

I did produce the 5pm show on Tuesday. Reporting and producing are different. Producing the weekend, which I've done a good bit, is also different from producing on the weekdays. During the week you pretty much set the show up by putting the stories into the rundown. The reporters write most of the show. On the weekend, the producer usually writes the big chunk of the show.

I also had to booth produce the show. That basically means I'm in the control room during the show, making sure we stay on time and that everyone is where they're supposed to be, ready. I'm not sure how it happened, but Tuesday, just a few minutes into the show, we were already two minutes heavy. That's a bad thing. So I had to kill several stories and shorten weather to get us back on time. Somehow we managed to go out exactly right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home