Reporter's Notebook

Sunday, April 03, 2005

AP Convention

I attended the AP Convention Saturday night in Birmingham. Just wanted to go down and get a free meal. I also like to see the different entries. I didn't enter anything this year, but wish I had entered best sports anchor. It would have been cool to see if I could actually have won in the category. We did pretty good. Jeff Butera got two, including best reporter. James-Paul got best weather anchor and Amy got best series reporter, I believe. The station as a whole also won best spot news story.

A funny story about the first time I won an AP award. I won in 1999 for Best Spot News Story. What's funny, is that it was the first time I had ever been on live. I was fresh out of college. I was also scared out of my mind. Another thing that's funny is that it was a phoner. You never even saw me, just heard me. Yet another funny thing, is that it was up against a story from Dothan where a car had been pulled out of the river with four bodies inside. My story was about a man who was on the run and ran into a woman's house. I would have voted for the car with bodies inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home