Reporter's Notebook

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Guntersville Mayor's Race

It's Saturday. I had yesterday off. So I wasn't there to cover the conclusion to the Guntersville Mayor's race. Although, we now know that it isn't over yet. Another hearing will be held on Thursday. I thought it was funny watching the news yesterday and hearing, "Mayor Townsend wasn't available for comment." I've been covering Guntersville for four years now, and he's never been available for comment. In four years I have never interviewed him.

If it stands and Bob Hembree is the mayor, I'm not sure if he will be more accessible or not. We'll just have to wait and see.

I hope so. If you are an elected official, you should always be accessible to the news media. When you are talking to a reporter, you're not just talking to that person, you're talking to the people who elected you, your constituents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home