Reporter's Notebook

Sunday, April 24, 2005

I Wonder Where You Work?

UPDATE: I don't want the message below to make you think I can't take some critiquing. If I'm saying "well" too much, then I need to stop. Although at the same time, I don't understand why you would just send an email to someone you don't know and say that.

By the way, I appreciate the comments folks have left.



I got this email from someone in reference to my anchoring at 10pm on Saturday night.

Your bio says you graduated from UAT in broadcast journalism. As such I would assume you had speech and on-air presentation training. Please review your presentation of 4/23, 10 pm, and count the number of times your started a news item with the word "Well." I don't think your instructors would approve of this very bad and unnecessary speech crutch.

Thanks for the advice. But I wonder why he didn't say where he works? I'd like to know, so I can email and tell him when he does a bad job.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought you did a really good job on the 10 pm news, I believe that you speak well to the general population, and I would hate to think of how many times I have started a sentence with the word 'well'.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carson,

    That person is trying to be a showoff. You do a good job reporting the news.

     
  • At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carson, just do what I did. Every time I would say the word "well" in conversation...my friend would respond with "water." It got so annoying I never wanted to say "well" anymore. Now I do the same thing to other people. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home