Reporter's Notebook

Friday, April 22, 2005

The Six O'Clock News Starts at Six

So what am I doing today? Am I reporting? No. Am I doing sports? No. I'm producing the 6pm show. I've got to anchor and produce this weekend, so I'm learning how to produce. Maybe all will go well.

Yesterday I went down to Grissom High School to shoot a baseball game. The game was supposed to start at 4. I got there about 5 'till. 4 came and went. At about 10 after, both teams started to kind of work their way out on to the field.

Most events we cover never start on time. This got me to thinking. What if we did our news like that. Imagine at 6pm, Jerry Hayes coming on and saying, "Some of our reporters are having some problems getting their stories together. So we're going to give them 10 more minutes. So just sit back, relax and we'll get started in just a little while."

Something tells me that won't happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home