Reporter's Notebook

Monday, April 18, 2005

Monday's Talking Points

Today we did another story about the Guntersville Mayor's Race. It's the story that will never end. James Townson is appealing. In a previous post I spelled his name wrong. Sorry about that.

The shooting that took place in Madison County is the big story. So my story, and rightly so, gets pumped down to a secondary story.

Speaking of that story, I thought we did the best job of covering it. I believe we were the first to break into programming. The first to actually bring you pictures. And I believe we were the only ones to actually cover the news conference live. One of the other stations was actually in the middle of their newscast and they didn't go to it live.

Another point: I'd like to thank those who seem to actually be reading my blog. Jamey Tucker, posted a comment. He used to work at Channel 19 in the 1990's. He has a blog as well.

That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home