Reporter's Notebook

Thursday, April 07, 2005

What for Today?

As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, yesterday was our book drive. We ended up with around 440 books. That's not bad. Better than Jeff did in the Shoals. They were just hoping to get 50. We shot a story yesterday on the Catholic church in Guntersville. I'm not sure when it will air. Photographer Brad Hood, got sick and had to go home.

When Brad isn't there, I become a one-man-band. Basically that means I do everything myself. That's always fun, especially when I'm trying to shoot myself. You pretty much have to guess if you're even in the shot. Usually someone back at the station will let you know if you're not.

But when you one-man-band you have to set the camera up on the tripod. You then have to white balance the camera and try to frame it up to where you think you'll be in the shot. If I'm going to be live, as I was yesterday, I then have to run all the cables to the camera. Those cables hook into the transmitter which sends the signal back to Huntsville from Albertville. You then have to call the control and get tuned it. I then run back outside and hook up my ear piece (IFB). Then you get yourself in front of the camera. That's always great.

This afternoon I work in Huntsville doing sports.

Thanks for stopping by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home