Reporter's Notebook

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Crazy World of News

Today is Wednesday and I'm doing news. I was supposed to have done sports yesterday, but ended up doing news. That's the way it works in this business. They called me at home around 9:30 and said no, you'll be doing news today. Of course I had things I needed to do and had an appointment, which I had to cancel. But that's to be expected when you work in a job where the news dictates the day. You don't choose your work, it chooses you.

FOX NEWS ALERT: Am I the only one who gets a little tired of all the FOX NEWS ALERTS Fox News does? Don't get me wrong, I like Fox News. But at the same time they run a news alert for things that really don't require one. The other day they ran FOX NEWS ALERT because of bad weather in the mid-West. Sorry, but that's doesn't meet my definition of a news alert.

That's not all. Sometimes it's, FOX NEWS ALERT: "A cat is stuck in a tree in Clairmont, California. Police and fire have the tree surrounded. These pictures coming to us courtesy of KTTV in L.A. We will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest. Again, a cat is stuck in a tree in Clairmont, California. Some scarry moments out there for sure. Now on to the Michael Jackson Case."

1 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger jamey tucker said…

    Amen and well said. I've too noticed all of the "Fox News Alerts". The first few times I stopped what I was doing to see what the heck was going on. Maybe it was a huge pullout in Iraq? Maybe peace in the middle east? Maybe Michael Jackson showed up for trial in a clown suit?

    But no...the news alert wasn't even something I remember now.

    Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!

    We all know what became of that little boy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home