Reporter's Notebook

Friday, April 15, 2005

Two of Me

On Friday, we had the chance to use special effects in our story. That's something you seldom get to do, and it seems this time was in vain anyway.

I did a story about how Marshall County has two courthouses. There are double services and double expenses. So the whole theme of the story was "double." I had an idea to stick with that theme by having two of me appear at the end of the story. Carson number one talked and Carson number two talked, all on the screen at the same time.

But it was like no one got it. People looked at it as if some mistake had been made. I know why. It's because most people don't pay attention to the story. So when two of me popped up at the end, they were caught off guard. It just seemed to fall flat.

Oh well, I guess that's what you get for trying to be creative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home