Reporter's Notebook

Thursday, April 14, 2005

A Rainbow

Yesterday as I drove home, it started to rain. Soon, it was raining and the sun was shining at the same time. So I started looking for the rainbow that I knew must be up there somewhere. As I was just crossing the river, there it was. It was the perfect rainbow too. It was a complete arch. One end appeared to land right in the middle of the river.

It was there for my entire trip home. I kept looking at my fellow drivers as they would pass by. I wondered if they even noticed. Most appeared to give it no attention. They were just staring straight ahead or talking on their cell phones. I thought that was kind of sad. A rainbow is kind of like fireworks, you only get a few chances to see them a year. I wonder why people can't take some time out of their busy lives and just enjoy it?

Just as I was getting home, it started to fade away. First the violet, indigo, and blue disappeared. Then the other colors soon followed. Finally there was just a red streak that went across the sky. Then it was gone. It was nice while it lasted.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just stumble across this and wanted to applaud you for noticing the rainbow. Too many people (often including me) are too busy to notice the wonderful things about life.

    Thanks for the reminder to slow down and look around!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home