Reporter's Notebook

Saturday, April 23, 2005

One Down, One to Go

I anchored and produced the 6 and 10 tonight. I will do it again Sunday at 5 and 10. It's a little strange with all the things you have to keep up with. I produced the show, which means I wrote the show, I stacked the show (which means I decided where everything was going to go) and I had to time the show. Luckily our weekday 5pm producer Claire Aiello came in an hour before each show to look over everything and then watch over the show as it was actually going on air. She says I pretty much had it all under control, but a huge thanks to her.

Anchoring news is a lot different from anchoring sports. I have to keep up with camera changes, which you don't have to worry about during sports. I also have to run my own teleprompter using a foot pedal under the desk, which you don't have to do with sports. That desk wasn't made for people my size. There is no place for my legs to go under there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home