Reporter's Notebook

Monday, April 25, 2005

The Return of Jamey Tucker to 19

If you watched Sunday night at ten, then you saw Jamey Tucker. Jamey was at the station until 1997. He anchored and was also the first For Goodness Sake reporter.

So why was Jamey back you ask? Well Amy George, the current FGS reporter, has been on vacation this week. So there wasn't an FGS story. I was producing the show, so I thought why not pull one out that we've done in the past. We've got all the FGSs, hundreds of them, so why not use em instead of letting them sit back in archives oxidizing. (using them won't stop them from oxidizing, but you get the point)

I found one from November of 1993, soon after we began FGS. In the story, Jamey interviews atheist Dan Barker. The story was about if being good just to get into heaven is wrong, if the only reason you're good is because you want to go to heaven. Does that make sense? Anyway, it was a good story and we just billed it as a For Goodness Sake Classic. I thought it worked well.

I know Jamey sometimes reads my blog. So, thanks Jamey for helping me fill my show, and filling in for Amy. Too bad your contract with the station didn't include a deal for re-runs.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger jamey tucker said…

    Thanks for the plug and the airtime Carson.

    Those were the good ole days. It wasn't in black and white was it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home